Thursday 31 July 2014

Beautiful balance

Here's a lovely second hand find that I purchased a while ago. As you can see, it's a plain wooden frame/board. It only cost me 5 SEK (0,5 Euro). There's so much potential!

My plan was to upcycle this second hand find, by putting a  fabric flower in the vase-like object in the middle. I also wanted to paint the frame. Eventually I just painted everything white with acrylic paint (Traditional craft paint), because I thought it looked  refreshing and very neat that way. I painted a pink fabric flower purple. Finally I stuck the flower in the vase. Here's the result. -> Yay.


I think it goes well together with the colours in my apartment, as you can see here.

Ps. I have submitted this upcycled project to the following challenges:
All Crafts Challenge: June/July
Crafty Girls Challenges: Anything goes
4 Crafty Chicks: Anything goes
Simon Says Stamp: Anything goes 
Through the Craft room door: Anything goes 
Top Tip Tuesday: Material girl (incorporate other "material" items)
Tuesday Throwdown: Other Than a Card or Tag

5 comments:

  1. This is pretty and very clever. Thank you so much for sharing your lovely creation with us at Through the Craft Room Door.

    Hugs
    Cathy DT Member
    xxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so cool! I love how you took something plain and made it a spectacular creation! The flower and new color makes it pop!! Thank you for sharing your awesome creation with us at 4 Crafty Chicks Anything Goes Challenge!!

    Tamie 4CC DT

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is fabulous, a great way to recycle.
    Thanks for joining us at Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge
    hugs
    Mandy xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Way to go on turning a second hand find into a treasure. I am very glad you entered this week at Tuesday Throwdown. I hope you had fun!!! See you back very soon to play in another fun challenge.

    TTFN,

    CraftyGirl
    craftygirlcardsandcrafts.blogspot.com
    Tuesday Throwdown DT

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a transformation! Thanks for Playing along with us this time at Top Tip Tuesday Challenge, hugs Samantha :0)

    ReplyDelete

Comments are always appreciated. :) Thank you for commenting!